Tuesday - April 27

Doughnut Day used to be exciting, but, like Pizza Day, it isn't anymore. Unless there are maple doughnuts and they smell really good.

Doughnuts

Instead of doughnuts, we ate about 5 scones

Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Scones

These were made by one of our co-workers who only works part time. She used to bring us food everyday, like chocolate-covered gummy bears, cookies, caramel covered popcorn, buckeyes, cupcakes... then we yelled at her for making us fat and she took it personally enough to stop. Then we got sad. Her husband even wrote us a note one time to encourage us to eat her cookies, "I made you some more delicious treats! If you don't eat them ALL it will hurt my feeling." Her treats are wayy better than CCL's though, and we miss them, even though they make us fat.

Some girl wearing jeans and a bright blue tank top dropped off this cake this morning:

QFC Springtime cake

It's pretty, and it was filled with chocolate fudge. But we didn't eat it.
CCL brought treats today, too:

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread

This, however, was probably the coolest thing in the lunchroom:

Flower Contraption

Yes, that is a little lilac flower in a cup of water, held up by a string of twist ties. People at our work are so smart. Instead of having the flower float in the water, they gave it a little support so the stem would be immersed but the petals wouldn't be. I picked it up to smell it and my coworkers thought I was going to drink it. Instead I was thinking how I wanted to stick it to my nose and smell it all day. Lilacs remind me of growing up in the country and waking up in the morning to the smell of lilacs blowing through the humid air into my bedroom window. Screw dessert, flowers are my drug. Good thing they don't make me fat :)
-Weight-gaining worker

No comments:

Post a Comment